The Parish values which we as parishioners uphold should be based on the Word of God, the teachings of the Church and about our Ampleforth Benedictine heritage. Specifically, we should be a community :
- In which prayer and worship are at the centre of our lives
- which is welcoming and open to all,
- which is forgiving and is not judgemental
- which is open to change, led by the Holy Spirit,
- in which we all share responsibility for the mission of the church,
- in which we each use our gifts for the benefit of everyone,
- in which the spirit and joy of the Good News is visibly present in all our actions,
- in which we respect and value each individual,
- in which we foster the unity of the Christian churches and the building of good relations with people of other faiths.
Our vision is to be a Christian community within the Catholic Church, brought together by faith in Jesus; to be a community, which is a visible sign of His presence among us; to be a praying worshipping community that actively proclaims and bears witness to the gospel.
Father, in the regeneration of our parish we pray that we will hear your word in our hearts as Mary did. With the help of your Holy Spirit may we bring the peace and justice of your kingdom to our parish, our community and our world. In all our needs Lord, we come to you. Amen.