Our Parish of St Mary’s Leyland is excited to announce that CALLED BEYOND is coming to our parish. CALLED BEYOND is an opportunity for us to celebrate the call of Christ in our lives. in the coming weeks you will hear how we can make this a time of renewal for our community, culminating in a week of events (October 8 – 15) to help us learn and love the vocations present in our parish. If you would like to know more, please see one of the Parish team: Kevin Quigley, Tony Jones, Mike Neill, Kathryn Boulton, Peter Cuerden, Sinead Lancaster and Steve McBride.
You will receive today the properly printed programme for the Called Beyond week that is the initial beginning of this long term programme.
We would be pleased if people book for which ever session they want to attend. See the lists in the Narthex
Sunday 8 Oct: One special Called Beyond Sunday Mass 10am, followed by display of many parish callings in the ambulatory. Chance to discover what people do and why: encouraging news.
- Mon 9 Oct, for all callings: inspiration in their own faith journey,
- Tue 10 Oct on family life, the joys and challenges (everyone belongs to a family, married people, single people, divorced etc.);
- Wed 11 Oct, helping those in need locally – what can we do & how? Experiences from Food Bank, Furniture Scheme, SLEAP, S.V.P society
- Thurs 12 Oct, making good life choices, especially for the young, those searching and the young at heart – e.g. Fr. Michael Barrett
- Fri 13 Oct, our calling to help those in need in other parts of the world. Goa and work among very poor slum dwellers. See boards.
Sunday 15 Oct: One final special Called beyond Sunday mass 10am. Evening Parish Centre Final celebration: Music, sharing Jacob’s join supper; photos of the week: How do we continue?
We would urge parishioners to “Go Beyond” the norm, and come to both of the special masses. They will be helpful to understand the Called Beyond week. On the 8 October we have a special song composed and sung by an outside choir: a friendly dialogue theatre thanksgiving and special sermons with parishioners helping us